• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to select a default account in the People app

This seems like such a simple question but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I have two Gmail accounts on my phone, one for personal email and the other that I use for everything else. Naturally when I add a contact in the People app I want it to go to my personal account; the other account isn't even set to sync contacts. Yet for some reason new contacts always go into the other account by default. How do I select a different default account? I remember there being a pretty straightforward setting in older versions of Android but I can't find it in Jelly Bean. HTC One S, JB 4.1.1.

Not sure on your phone since its using "Sense UI", but on my Samsung, when I enter a new contact, on the top of the screen there is a label of the account to which I will be adding the new contact. If I change it to what account I want, the changes carry over to the next time I try to add a contact.
That works, thanks. Simple.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones