• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to select photos in Message+

Ron Kappes

Lurker
Mar 4, 2019
I know this is very simple but I am new to this & am having a lot of difficulty selecting photos to attach to my text in Message+. I find it very difficult to navigate to the photos after I select the + (Attachment) key. I also find that the only pictures available are those taken with my phone. If I download a pic, edit in Adobe Lightroom & upload it it does no't appear in Message+. Neither are photos I upload to Amazon or Google. I was using Google to send photos but found that the recipients had to have Google installed in order to view them. Since Message+ can see photos I take with my phone is there a way to access that space with other photos (I.E. photos that are reloaded etc? Any help appreciated.

BW: I have tried to send photos with Amazon photos but have not figured out how to do it yet.

I know this is very simple but I am new to this & am having a lot of difficulty selecting photos to attach to my text in Message+. I find it very difficult to navigate to the photos after I select the + (Attachment) key. I also find that the only pictures available are those taken with my phone. If I download a pic, edit in Adobe Lightroom & upload it it does no't appear in Message+. Neither are photos I upload to Amazon or Google. I was using Google to send photos but found that the recipients had to have Google installed in order to view them. Since Message+ can see photos I take with my phone is there a way to access that space with other photos (I.E. photos that are reloaded etc? Any help appreciated.

BW: I have tried to send photos with Amazon photos but have not figured out how to do it yet.
Easy clear out the cache first, then see if you can try to resend that image.

Upvote 0
Hi sorry for the delay. I suddenly realized that Message+, the default message app, will only display pictures taken on the phone itself. Any photos uploaded to Amazon or Google photos will not be accessible to Message+ for texting. The evidence was there, I just didn't notice it. Is there an Android app that allow Message+ to see uploaded photos?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones