1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tips how to send and recieve pics on captivate with 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chalee76, Feb 14, 2011.

1. chalee76

chalee76 Lurker

Advertisement

2. jetpuck73

jetpuck73 Member

Interesting, maybe it will be here soon.

3. steelhead

steelhead Lurker

works great

4. stephlu2k

stephlu2k Member

FYI, you can get Reduce Photo Size from the Market to shrink the files so it doesn't take forever to email. The Iphone comes with options for you to reduce the file size, I was quite jealous until I found the app. Now does anyone know how to shrink a video file? The Iphone does that too....but I haven't found one for android

5. Ccoreycory

Ccoreycory Lurker

Researched Captivate for 2 months before I made my final decision. I should have researched longer. I cannot receive all pictures in text. Keeps saying "downloading" however it never does. The download expires before it ever downloads. Wish I had home with the I phone. Can anyone help? I have already downloaded tapatalk. Didn't work.

6. hotrod4x5

hotrod4x5 Member

The only time mine does that is when I have data turned off, which I do frequently to save on my MB usage, since I got the 200 mb plan. If I get a pic text with data off, it says downloading... forever. I have to ask the person to resend, after turning data back on. Is it possible you have data turned off?

7. steve6884

steve6884 Member

I had a similar problem a week or so ago and this solved it

"Well a 3rd AT&T tech person called me later in the day and he solved the problem. He had me go to settings-wireless and networks-mobile networks and then put a checkmark on Use packet data which somehow got unchecked. That solved everything."

8. csillver

csillver Newbie

i dont have that use packet data line. any other options to fix?