• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to send email

larrydonline

Dec 13, 2017
This concerns my Samsung SM-J327A which isn't even listed in the long list of available Samsung phones on this site. Still it's an android so it's operation shouldn't be that different.

I'm trying to send my first email from the phone and after putting in the send to info and typing my message I can't find anyway to send it. The help articles say to hit the send button at the bottom of the compose window but there is no send button there and I can't find any other way to send it. Would appreciate any pointers on what I'm not seeing or doing right. Thanks.

Larry

It depends on what email app you use.
Take a look at my screen shot.
I send by tapping the arrow at the top right..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200416-172057.png
    Screenshot_20200416-172057.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 0
Whoops!
^^ Beaten twice by better responders. :)
======

Hi. I agree it can be irritating at first, or after several years in my case, to understand how basic functions are arranged or rearranged by an OS or app version.

You seem to have a Samsung J3 / Express Express/ Prime 2/ Emerge. Are you on AT&T?

You can ask the question here as it gets more prominence.

Are you using the Samsung email app, or Gmail (Google).
Does the send address change to a contact box if you already have it saved as a contact.

Do you have your contacts saved to your Google account.
Did you have a previous Samsung which may have saved your contacts to a Samsung account.

There will be a simple reason when people here can understand what's happening.

Reactions: ocnbrze and tommo47
Upvote 0
Hi Larry,

Gmail is the same as @Dannydet, it's on the top right of the page. It changes from black to blue as soon as I put the first character in the 'To' box, and it's just an arrow head pointing right, between the 'Attach' paper clip button and three dot menu 'drop down' button.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It depends on what email app you use.
Take a look at my screen shot.
I send by tapping the arrow at the top right..
That must be what sends the email on this phone, since the email I was trying to send was received over and over as I kept hitting that arrow. But it opened a menu when I tapped it and "send" is not on that menu. Now when I try it it just blinks and sends the email. Thanks for the help.

I hate when programs aren't intuitive but depend on understanding symbols with no captions explaining the symbols. I've had this phone over two years but never used it for email, just texting. I was setting up email for someone else with no idea how to do it. Usually you just follow prompts but this had me stumped. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
I hate when programs aren't intuitive but depend on understanding symbols with no captions explaining the symbols. I've had this phone over two years but never used it for email, just texting. I was setting up email for someone else with no idea how to do it. Usually you just follow prompts but this had me stumped. Thanks again.
this is why this awesome forum exists. i'm glad we can help you out. please feel free to come here and ask more questions. we are here to help;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones