1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to send gifs (MMS) of any size

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Android Question

I have a Galaxy S3 running 4.4.2 with Verizon and I used to use GoSMS but I couldn't figure out how to send gifs on it so I am back on the stock messenger. However, if the gif is over a certain size it won't send. The annoying thing is I can't figure why there is no way to increase the max size or anything. I've spent a few days trying to figure it out but it looks like there isn't a solution? Is there any SMS/MMS app that can send gifs of any size?

Lemme give you an example. I sent one gif with no problem that was 78KB then another was 5.1MB and it was too big. I really hope there is a way around it because I love android but this is just so annoying because it shouldn't be a problem at all. I may have missed something which would have been awesome, so thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Carriers set a hard limit on the size of MMS messages, so unfortunately a 5 or 10MB MMS wont go through regardless of what messaging app you're using.

You could email it though :)

3. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

I have been slowly converting all of my friends, whether iPhone or Android, to use Hangouts. Then you can send gifs without bothering with MMS. It's a godsend for some of us, as one of my iPhone buddies does not have texting on his plan(ancient grandfathered unlimited data plan on AT&T), so he's loving it.

4. SelenaLee

SelenaLee Well-Known Member

I merely using MMS to send pictures, why not just use some IM app such as whatsapp?