• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to send gifs (MMS) of any size

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I have a Galaxy S3 running 4.4.2 with Verizon and I used to use GoSMS but I couldn't figure out how to send gifs on it so I am back on the stock messenger. However, if the gif is over a certain size it won't send. The annoying thing is I can't figure why there is no way to increase the max size or anything. I've spent a few days trying to figure it out but it looks like there isn't a solution? Is there any SMS/MMS app that can send gifs of any size?

Lemme give you an example. I sent one gif with no problem that was 78KB then another was 5.1MB and it was too big. I really hope there is a way around it because I love android but this is just so annoying because it shouldn't be a problem at all. I may have missed something which would have been awesome, so thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones