1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How To Send Yahoo! Mail Through Android E-Mail Application With Custom Domain Address?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Dankees, May 31, 2012.

1. Dankees

Dankees Android Enthusiast

So, I have to decided to abandon the Yahoo! Mail application and use the stock e-mail application.

Online, when I e-mail via Yahoo! Mail, I automatically send e-mails from another account.

How can I do this with the stock e-mail application?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Simply set the account you want to send from as the default account.

3. Dankees

I did that, but while reading mail in the Yahoo! account, it composes from Yahoo! And the combined mailbox duplicates messages because I have one forwarding to the other.

4. Crashdamage

Then you mean you not only want to use a certain account to send mail by default, you also want all sent email to be addressed as from the default account.
    AFAIK this is not possible.

I don't know a fix for this either. Sorry.

5. Dankees

Yes, I want to only get mail in my Yahoo! account, but I want to be able to send e-mails from my custom e-mail account, via Yahoo!

Now, MailDroid Pro lets me do this, however, both mailboxes get the incoming e-mails, and I cannot just hide my custom e-mail account, and not get vibrations from it, etc.

Does any application do what I want?

6. Crashdamage

I thought about suggesting Maildroid as possibly the only app that might do what you want, but I never used it much so didn't really know and it's kinda pricey. But it can do more than any other Android email client I'm aware of.

I know Enhanced Email, K9 and the stock client won't. Don't know what else to suggest. At least you found a partial solution with Maildroid.