1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to set custome SMS/Email/Facebook tones ?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Asus_Fonepad 7, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Asus_Fonepad 7

Hi,

I am using Asus Fonepad 7. When I go to setting > sound > Ringtone > I see an option to use custom ringtone but when I go to notification > New text / New mail I dont see any option too use a custom tone.

Anyone familiar with this device please help me out.

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Generally with Android if you want to change a particular app's notifications you look in that app's settings, not the system settings. So open your SMS/Email/Facebook app and then go to its settings and you should find what you want.

3. Asus_Fonepad 7

Just tried that with th sms app. The exact same page is appearing with no option to use user defined tone. Please see attachment.

Attached Files:

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

That looks like a dialogue for selecting tones to me. So I guess you mean you want to use another tone of your own rather than one of those - I'd thought you meant setting a different notification for SMS than from system notifications, which that dialogue will let you do.

OK, try moving or copying the file you want to use to /sdcard/Notifications (and you can put your own ringtones in /sdcard/Ringtones). Note that android is case-sensitive, so the capital at the start of those folder names may matter (I'm just looking at where I keep mine).

5. Asus_Fonepad 7

It worked. Thanks a lot,