• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to set "Me" picture in message screen

Phake

Lurker
Jul 24, 2010
Hello :)

I have a nexus one with android 2.2. and I would like to set the "Me" picture in the message screen. However, I am unable to find the option in the android system. Could anyone tell me how to do it?

I've tried to find the answer on the forums and through Google but i had no results.

Phake

Hmmm, I found a simple way to do this. Open up your contacts, and you'll see "My contact card" at the top. Open it. Then, Menu-> Edit. Once in there, click the little avatar at the lop left and BAM! You can choose a pic :)

My htc magic had that option, but for some reason my nexus never did and for some reason only the method I listed above seemed to solve the problem for me. I know it sounds strange, but it works.

Upvote 0
I have CyanogenMod 7, that's almost Vanilla Android 2.3, like Nexus. I've just found how to set this. Try Settings -> Call Settings -> Additional Settings -> My Number. Set up your number, then create a contact with your number and done. Tip: put your Google account e-mail and no picture and it will use your Gmail/GTalk/GPlus/GProfile pic. Let us know if it works!

Reactions: vanderlej and babus
Upvote 0
I have CyanogenMod 7, that's almost Vanilla Android 2.3, like Nexus. I've just found how to set this. Try Settings -> Call Settings -> Additional Settings -> My Number. Set up your number, then create a contact with your number and done. Tip: put your Google account e-mail and no picture and it will use your Gmail/GTalk/GPlus/GProfile pic. Let us know if it works!
You sir, are a genius :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones