• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to set mp3 to basic ring?

In the default music player or Winamp ,Long press the song of your choice and set as ringtone.

Alternatively Create a folder named Ringtones in your SD card and dump the mp3's you want as ringtones in it.The mp3's will show up in the ringtones menu.

Alternatively if you have Handcent sms installed ,you can select music as ringtones and sms tones .:)

Upvote 0
In the default music player or Winamp ,Long press the song of your choice and set as ringtone.

Alternatively Create a folder named Ringtones in your SD card and dump the mp3's you want as ringtones in it.The mp3's will show up in the ringtones menu.

Alternatively if you have Handcent sms installed ,you can select music as ringtones and sms tones .:)

How does one set a folder on the SD card? Using the kies software? I too want to set a personal rightone, and am having great difficulty in doing so :(

Wait I think I have it.... but will have to wait til I'm away from work: LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-bbLTCkKdY&feature=plcp (my sister getting impatient) LOL

Upvote 0
Does Samsung still have that pain in ass software ?
Lol .never used KIES .

Check page no. 84 in the Galaxy 551 manual . Connect PC with Mass storage Mode
A Mass Storage device window will come up on computer
Then make a folder named Ringtones via normal windows explorer.
Dump the mp3's and you are done .

Upvote 0
OK - I'm going to revive an old thread...

I'm trying to find a way to assign a song as a ring tone. I have 2 preinstalled apps; Music Player (white circle icon with blue outline and blue play arrow in center with lime green music note on right side) and Google Play Music. Apparently, my music is associated with Google Play Music as that's where I find it (not in the other one). I had one downloaded song in the Music Player and when I long hold on that song the "set as" command comes up. This worked for that song but I can't find a way to do this in the Google Play Music app. When you long hold in the Google Play Music entries you don't get any option to "copy", "set as"...etc.

I'd like to find a way to set a song as a ringtone without having to download an app. or hook to my computer (use Kies)...etc. I like the long hold copy/paste or "set as" functionality but haven't figured out how to do this with my music associated with the Google Music Play app.

I'm new to Android (converted iPhone user) so I'm not up to speed on the tricks yet. Can I/should I move my library to the Music Player app? If so, how? Any assistance is appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones