• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to set mp3 to ringtone and message tone?

Hello everyone,
I found the solution and I swear it works.
After reading all of the posts and downloading the recommended Ringdroid I found the right function in the phone while setting my alarm for the next morning. Yeah, the music is hidden under the "Clock" icon, that you will find in main menu (the one that has settings icon, Radio FM, Camera, My Files and all this stuff). 1) tap the blue window on the left lower corner of the main screen/display. 2) tap the Clock icon.
3) tap the music notes (should be third from left). 4) pick a song from the list. 5) tap the menu button (on the left from the "home" button). 6) choose "set as ringtone" from options that will pop out. Et voila :)

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,
I found the solution and I swear it works.
After reading all of the posts and downloading the recommended Ringdroid I found the right function in the phone while setting my alarm for the next morning. Yeah, the music is hidden under the "Clock" icon, that you will find in main menu (the one that has settings icon, Radio FM, Camera, My Files and all this stuff). 1) tap the blue window on the left lower corner of the main screen/display. 2) tap the Clock icon.
3) tap the music notes (should be third from left). 4) pick a song from the list. 5) tap the menu button (on the left from the "home" button). 6) choose "set as ringtone" from options that will pop out. Et voila :)

Hi nilaoz, thanks but that won't set an mp3 as a "notification" or "message alert" etc...only as a ringtone. I still find that the Ringdroid app is the quickest & easiest way. You can set whichever part of a song you want as the tone. And for number of taps compared to your method, it is about half. Does anybody else know a better way? GrahamF/. London :)

Upvote 0
try to use simple method. :D

"for ringtone"
[FONT=&quot]GO TO My Files , click Create folder and call it Notifications Copy and Paste your choice of tone or other into this file Go to Settings Sound [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Notification[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ringtone Your chosen should be in this file Select and Save Click on messages Settings Select ringtone Your selected tone should be here Select and Save [/FONT]

"for message tone"
[FONT=&quot]create a folder named Ringtones in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]ur[/FONT][FONT=&quot] sd card. then put all the ringtone files in that. now go and see to the sound/ringtone in your Settings. U will get it !!!! Enjoy !!!!![/FONT]

Upvote 0
try to use simple method. :D

"for ringtone"
[FONT=&quot]GO TO My Files , click Create folder and call it Notifications Copy and Paste your choice of tone or other into this file Go to Settings Sound [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Notification[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ringtone Your chosen should be in this file Select and Save Click on messages Settings Select ringtone Your selected tone should be here Select and Save [/FONT]

"for message tone"
[FONT=&quot]create a folder named Ringtones in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]ur[/FONT][FONT=&quot] sd card. then put all the ringtone files in that. now go and see to the sound/ringtone in your Settings. U will get it !!!! Enjoy !!!!![/FONT]

LOL!!! ;) Ringdroid app is still quicker & easier!! It creates the folders, creates the lists & puts all mp3's into the folders!! If you don't want the beginning of the song as the ringtone/alarm/notification, you can choose the middle, or the chorus etc... Come on guys, I'm not on commission to push Ringdroid, but it IS the puppies undercarriage!! Unless somebody can prove otherwise..............:cool:

Upvote 0
hi there, I'm also a newbie in using android..
I don't use any application
I just go to "My files" folder and then I copy the mp3 music file that I'd like to use as my message ringtone (you just need to tap and hold the music file then you can choose to copy or move the music file), after that I paste it in folder media/audio/notifications (also in "My files").
After you paste it then you can go to message/inbox icon located at the bottom of your screen and in the message/inbox setting now you can choose the file that you've copied as your message ringtone..

Hope this can help..

thanks for ur info!! i got my notifications sound finally! almost regrets with this phone.

Upvote 0
hi there, I'm also a newbie in using android..
I don't use any application
I just go to "My files" folder and then I copy the mp3 music file that I'd like to use as my message ringtone (you just need to tap and hold the music file then you can choose to copy or move the music file), after that I paste it in folder media/audio/notifications (also in "My files").
After you paste it then you can go to message/inbox icon located at the bottom of your screen and in the message/inbox setting now you can choose the file that you've copied as your message ringtone..

Hope this can help..

Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot for the tip, there :D

Upvote 0
Best solution..... ( click on files, select MEDIA, click on AUDIO, create a folder within the AUDIO folder and rename it NOTIFICATION. Now move or copy and paste the music file you want from FILES>MUSIC into the NOTIFICATION folder you have created. Finally go to message setting and select ringtone and you will find your selected song there. Apps will only play thirty seconds of your preferred song but this process will play for long. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Best solution..... ( click on files, select MEDIA, click on AUDIO, create a folder within the AUDIO folder and rename it NOTIFICATION. Now move or copy and paste the music file you want from FILES>MUSIC into the NOTIFICATION folder you have created. Finally go to message setting and select ringtone and you will find your selected song there. Apps will only play thirty seconds of your preferred song but this process will play for long. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones