• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to set other audio files as sms ring tones / alarm tones

Follow this procedure... Its working

Create a new folder in /sdcard/Media as 'Notifications' paste the mp3 file in this...

Reboot your mobile... remove the battery and keep aside for few seconds.. and switch it on...

You will now see the MP3 file in Message Tones.. :D;)

I rooted my phone with Superoneclick.. Pasted the mp3 file in the \system\media\audio\ringtones........... But no use..
I am not able to view the mp3 file from settings for selecting the tone... :mad::thinking:

Upvote 0
the most easiest n Quickest wayy to set a ring tune of ur own is to foolow these steps, n it wil work definitly ,, give ur feed back ;)

Manual Trick

1. Open My Files menu on your android phone
  2. Create new folder on SD Card root and rename to " Notifications "
  3. Open Mp3 file and move to folder " Notifications "
  4. Check on the Notifications tone Setting, your own Mp3 will appear.

Upvote 0
No need to root your phone. You just have to have the specific folder for each type of sound.

Go to "Menu",click on "My files", and within the sdcard, create a folder named "Sounds"

/sdcard/Sounds

1. For Alarms, create a folder named "Alarms" within that directory. Copy/move here the sounds you want as your alarm.
2. Likewise for Ringtones, create a folder named 'Ringtones", and copy/move here your preferred music
3. Lastly, for Notifications, create a folder named "Notifications", and copy/move here your preferred notification sound

So, basically, within your sdcard, you have these directories:

sdcard/Sounds/Alarms
sdcard/Sounds/Ringtones
sdcard/Sounds/Notifications

When you choose ringtone for phone/notifications in your Settings, the music you included in those directories should appear.

For Alarms, go to Clock, Add alarm, and then there's an option to change the alarm Ringtone there.

Upvote 0
An alternate and easy way is to go to the audio file, click options and set it as your ring tone "temporarily" it will now always show in the list of ringtones unless you move or delete the file. You can now set your ringtone back to your preferred choice and access the audio file to use on other things such as your alarm etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones