1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to set the android keyboard as the default keyboard permanently?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by nirvana94, Dec 27, 2011.

1. nirvana94

nirvana94 Newbie

alrighty so hopefully i get this answered before i go into work in 30 mins...how to i get my android keyboard to be the keyboard i want permantly? I set it as a my default keyboard in the settings and while it works fine in text/facebook once i do a google search or a search within the android market it makes me use the samsung keyboard, and i have predictive text, and auto correct on the samsung keyboard yet it never works! It sucks. How do i get the android one to be the permanent one? I never had these problems with Apple!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

I've never seen that problem. I'd recommend using a 3rd party keyboard. The Ice Cream Sandwich one is pretty nice, is free, and is in the market. Or let me know which device you have and I can move this thread to a forum for the device.

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert

Apple offers you one keyboard, that's it, no changes possible.

With Android you should be able to set the keyboard and it should never change unless you decide to change it.

How exactly are you changing the keyboard? What device do you have?

4. nirvana94

nirvana94 Newbie

I have the Samsung galaxy s. I loooove it. Its so cool but its the small things like that that piss me off I guess... I went to locale settings and changed the sedative keyboard to the android keyboard. And even in the Samsung keyboard seittings I made it have predictive text and autocorrect but alas it doesn't do either one.... how do I uninstall something because I'd love to uninstall the Samsung keyboard and maybe that'll work

5. nirvana94

nirvana94 Newbie

so can i get an answer to my question, sorry that i have to post again but i do want an answer. and according to cell phone arena it says that my batttery life will last up to 8 hours, which it did today, but a lot of the time it was in my pocket and it said i only used 6% web today.... why is that? can i buy batteries from other stores that'll extend it/do i need to change the brightness?

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

On my Galaxy S (i9003), and my friend's (i9000), we just long press on a blank text input area (like in SMS), and select input method, and whatever we choose works for the entire phone.

dan330 likes this.