• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to set the android keyboard as the default keyboard permanently?

nirvana94

Dec 27, 2011
alrighty so hopefully i get this answered before i go into work in 30 mins...how to i get my android keyboard to be the keyboard i want permantly? I set it as a my default keyboard in the settings and while it works fine in text/facebook once i do a google search or a search within the android market it makes me use the samsung keyboard, and i have predictive text, and auto correct on the samsung keyboard yet it never works! It sucks. How do i get the android one to be the permanent one? I never had these problems with Apple!

Apple offers you one keyboard, that's it, no changes possible.

With Android you should be able to set the keyboard and it should never change unless you decide to change it.

How exactly are you changing the keyboard? What device do you have?

I have the Samsung galaxy s. I loooove it. Its so cool but its the small things like that that piss me off I guess... I went to locale settings and changed the sedative keyboard to the android keyboard. And even in the Samsung keyboard seittings I made it have predictive text and autocorrect but alas it doesn't do either one.... how do I uninstall something because I'd love to uninstall the Samsung keyboard and maybe that'll work

Upvote 0
so can i get an answer to my question, sorry that i have to post again but i do want an answer. and according to cell phone arena it says that my batttery life will last up to 8 hours, which it did today, but a lot of the time it was in my pocket and it said i only used 6% web today.... why is that? can i buy batteries from other stores that'll extend it/do i need to change the brightness?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones