1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to set the night time desk phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kingdave, May 17, 2011.

1. kingdave

kingdave Android Enthusiast

Since updating to gingerbread one of the features I used most often has disappeared and I'm hoping its just me not doing it correctly.

You used to be able to have a desk phone screen saver and it could be set to day or night mode - the only difference being the brightness.

I can still set it for day time where it shows an LCD clock type display for the time and date, but when you hit night mode it darken the screen and shows lots of other stuff.

How do I get it back the way it used to be?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cbr6fs

cbr6fs Lurker

It still works, but for some odd reason it takes 5 mins or so before it activates.

Put it on night mode and leave it and it should still work the same.

3. Jaffa

Jaffa Android Expert

Mine works straight away..

4. kingdave

Tried that, nothing happened. It still shows a darker screen with clock, date and weather information.

Any other ideas?

5. kingdave

You definitely on gingerbread 2.3 from HTC? No custom ROMS or anything like that?

6. freon600a

freon600a Newbie

I had this problem then found out the anwser. Instead of pressing the moon icon to start the night clock press the clock icon next to the moon icon.

7. kingdave

That isn't the problem. Pressing the moon icon used to change the screen to the same as pressing the clock icon you suggest above, except the screen went darker. I want that functionality back as the day desk phone is too bright to use at night like a digital alarm clock

8. leecavturbo

leecavturbo Newbie

+1

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews