• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to set up Apps2SD

You are definately going to get better performance if you invest in a higher class card. But i hear they are not cheap.
With the stock SDcard, if read that you are infact loosing a little performance, sine the Eris' internal memory is faster than the card. However, the tradeoff is you no longer have to worry about space when downloading apps, and dont loose your apps when going to another A2SD rom.
Worth it IMO

Upvote 0
you forgot to upgrade your ext, see where its ssys it didnt find ext3(which most roms run)
so it tries to load up ext2 which is incompatible, which in the end causes the dailure where it csnt continue the script
:)

My Samsung Moment is stuck in bootloader. When I go into the recovery menu /sdext is not mounted. Recovery can't mount it with the error

Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblkp02, device is busy

But I can go into console and run

mount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblkp02 /sdext

and it mounts successfully. I canthen browse the directories and even mount/unmount from the Recovery menu. But if I reboot to Recovery again /sdext is not mounted and booting to System stays stuck in bootloader.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
i seem to not be understanding why my apps are not all going to my sd card. only one that i noticed did. i got icarus mod to work but also unsure if i partioned my sd card correctly or if the partioned part of the card is where icarus is located as well as clockwork recovery mod. can somebody plz give me a hand with this as i am a noob. thanks in advance.

okay nevermind i got clockworkmod and all that to work. i used link2sd and all my apps i manually moved i found links to downloads @ 4shared.com. this site is great, thanks to all those who posted answers to my problems already.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones