1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to set up different profiles for work, home and others?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by elcameano, Sep 9, 2011.

1. elcameano

elcameano Well-Known Member

I seen on one of the preveiws where you could set up different profiles for work or at home or what ever. How do you do that? can you make it change ring tones depending on what profile you on?

Advertisement

2. txwolf1980

txwolf1980 Android Enthusiast

not sure if that's factory bionic, but if you hit market and search 'profile manager' you should get several options.

3. thatguy188

thatguy188 Android Enthusiast

Ive been looking at an app called "locale". Its a little pricey @ $9.99 however it seems awesome and simple to use.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

if you are looking into that, I, having been a long time Locale user, can say go with Timeriffic instead. Cheaper, a lot more out of box without having to hunt down and pay for addons, and it just works.

5. elcameano

Thanks guys!!

6. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert

I think we're off the intended topic, but take a look at Tasker too. You can get a 7-day free trial here, but if you're looking for simple setup it's probably not for you.

I think the OP was referring to different sets of home screens as "profiles". I remember seeing something like this too, in conjunction with the Droid 3, but not sure where.

7. tjreishus

tjreishus Android Enthusiast

I use quick profiles pro. It's $1.11 and does a lot. Here is a list of what's in the menu

Profile Name
    Icon
    Ringer mode
    Media volume
    notification volume
    Alarm Volume
    Voice Call Volume
    Change Ringtone
    Change notification sound
    Airplane mode
    WIFI
    Bluetooth
    Screen Timeout
    Screen Brightness
    Change Wallpaper

All these things can be changed for each profile you create

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Market Link

elcameano likes this.
  8. milrtime83

milrtime83 Android Enthusiast

If you are going the automated route, Tasker for Android is another option. It's about $5.60 if you buy it from the site directly, or a little more than that from the Market. There is a bit of a learning curve so if you are looking for something quick it probably isn't the best option.

It can do pretty much anything Locale can do but it is all built in so you don't need to find plugins. If there is a Locale plugin you absolutely need I believe they can even be used with Tasker as well though I've never tried one.

elcameano likes this.
  9. elcameano

Thanks!!! That is everything i need it to do!!

10. CKwik240

CKwik240 Well-Known Member

I second Timeriffic. Its pretty flexible and its free. I don't think it can do different ringtones, but most of the same features are there. It switches based on time so it may not be useful to everyone. I use mine to mute it for classes. I'd probably prefer something location based if I were in and out of an office a lot if a more automated solution is what one is looking for.