1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to set up folders on Droid Turbo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gyrobob, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Gyrobob

Gyrobob Lurker

How do I set up folders for documents and pics on a Droid Turbo?

I had them set up for Granddaughter pics, Aviation pics, work .pdf documents, workshop pics of disassemblies, etc.

When I traded in my Droid 4, the transfer of all the pics and documents has them all in the gallery,... a hodgepodge of 1100 files. I can't see how to set up folders to get it all organized.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rich123

Rich123 Newbie

I discovered that there is no included file explorer for the Turbo like I had on my Razr M with 4.4.2 and previous versions.

I called Motorola Tech Support. They said no file explorer included, just install the free ES File Explorer from the Google Play Store. Great, I thought!

However, the ES File Explorer is wonderful. It is fully customizable and can be set to look almost identical to the one I had on the Razr M.

You cannot create new folders in the Turbo when the phone is connected as a USB device, at least in Windows 7. You can't do this on the Razr M either. You just create one on your desk top and just click and drag to the Turbo with or without contents. Or you can just use the ES File Explorer.

Drachenfire and PeninaD like this.
  3. Drachenfire

Drachenfire Newbie

@Rich123

Thanks for the ES File Explorer tip. I was missing the file access app I have on my Droid 4.

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews