1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How to shift App, Datra From Mobile Memory to SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Can Anyone help me. I have Android OS 4.0.4. When I have procured the phone there was a option to move Application to SD Card. Since purchease of mobile the message was appering to update softwere. I did the softwere update and the opetion of switching the Application/data to SD card disappear. Why the same was happen when I have upgreaded the softwere?
    How to restore teh same?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Some applications can be moved to the SD card, some can't. It's not a matter of the upgrade, it's a matter of how the application was written.

3. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Although my friend is right that it does depend on the app, it's also the case that moving apps to SD was removed from the Android OS (though some manufacturers have added the function back in for some handsets). So I could imagine that an update might have removed this if the manufacturer didn't really think about what they were doing. Not knowing what phone you have I can't really say more.

If that is what's happened though, there's no solution other than to root the phone and modify the software. If you feel like investigating that, people in the main forum will be happy to advise. How you do this does depend on the phone model, so it's important to get advice for your particular phone. Otherwise you have to live without this function.

scary alien likes this.