1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to show exact Battery Percentage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Basis, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Basis

Basis Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I have the Telus Milestone unlocked to At&t and I downloaded the battery widget, but it won't show my exact percentage. It just sums it up by an estimate of 10. Like if my battery is 85%, it'll say 80%. At first I thought it was my widget, but when in lock screen, it says the same thing. How do I make my phone show the exact percentage?

Advertisement

2. hwcheng

hwcheng Lurker

Mar 25, 2010
    try a widget "battery left" on market..

3. grainysand

grainysand Android Expert

Feb 4, 2010
    Are you rooted? If so:

[​IMG]

Never use a battery app/widget again. Instructions on how to get this done will have vary according to your ROM/device, though.

4. May just be me, but i personally have no clue what this last post is referring to!

I suspect it may be the little android icon in the top right, but i am not sure.

Any further info on what this post is getting at?

5. BeKure

BeKure Lurker

Apr 17, 2010
    It's a Motorola thing as far as I know. I if you ask medon't know if it's a bug or working as intended. Either way it's stupid if you ask me.

6. Brendanmurphy

Brendanmurphy Android Enthusiast

Nov 23, 2009
    Tim Hortin's part time
    Richmond Hill, ON
    No way to show percentage. The way the battery memory controller is programed it is unable to report anything put 10% increments. Its a hardware limitation and most Motorola Phones are the same way

7. GlitchZero

GlitchZero Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Yeah it's not just the Milestone. The Droid, Droid X, Charm, Backflip, etc, are all like this as well.