• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to show Facebook status updates in Contacts?

fried

Jul 17, 2010
When I first got my S3, I installed the Facebook app and had it sync all of my contacts. When I went into my regular contacts list on my phone, all of my Facebook friends were there and their latest status updates also appeared in the list next to their names.

Yesterday, I uninstalled the Facebook app and reinstalled it. I set it to sync all of my contacts again and they all reappeared in my contacts list, but now their status updates don't show. Does anyone know how to re-enable this?

Thanks!

I just wish this would update with their Facebook profile pictures. My Droid X did that no problem.

Yeah the same thing was on most HTC phones too. I am guessing Samsung doesn't have an actual Facebook app and without it, it won't grab their profile pics. It's quite sad. You can still download them from the web and add them yourself but its way more work.

The Dark One

Upvote 0
Yeah the same thing was on most HTC phones too. I am guessing Samsung doesn't have an actual Facebook app and without it, it won't grab their profile pics. It's quite sad. You can still download them from the web and add them yourself but its way more work.

The Dark One

Or download sync my pics from play

Upvote 0
I found the solution to this elsewhere.

You have to put the Facebook widget on one of your homescreens. When you do, it will say "updating statuses" and when that's done, status updates will then show up in the contacts list as well.

Weird I did not have to do this at all. All my contacts have their FB updates regardless of the widget on the home screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones