• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to: Sign Out of Google/Gmail JB 4.1.2

I hope this is ok that I made a new thread for this as the older threads I found didnt seem to ever find a definite answer. So mods, feel free and delete this thread or merge if you like. :)

Ok, so it seems no one could give me a straight answer regarding signing out of Google from my device. I was told I must delete the account from my device or change the password, uninstall this or that...etc because there is no way to actually sign out. Well I think I found a way without deleting accounts or uninstalling anything.

Heres what I did:

Go to settings > manage apps > Gmail > click on it > clear cache. Dont clear data. (Well I didnt. Not sure if that will delete contacts or not.)

Do the same for these apps as well BUT clear data as well:

Google Play Games
Google Play Services
Google Play Store
Google Search

Next, go back into settings > Google > Search > Accounts and Privacy > Google Account > click Google Account > sign out. :)
Thats it! You're done and signed out! Go make sure you're signed out, got back and follow the last steps and you when you get to Google Account, it should say something like, signed out of Google.

This should work for you as it did for me.

Hope this helps!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones