1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to: SMS to MMS?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vagilik, Feb 14, 2011.

1. vagilik

vagilik Newbie

Hi all,
    Im a BB user and I just got an EVO Shift. I like to send horoscopes to my friends, but they don't like it when it comes up as multiple SMS messages; they prefer one message in MMS format. I know it's weird because all I find is people annoyed with just the opposite and want to disable auto SMS to MMS. I want to be able to send it as one message, but mine doesn't do it automatically like other people are complaining about (I guess an update was done that disabled that)

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. Traviswf

Traviswf Member

Have you looked into using Handcent SMS? I'm not sure it will do what you're asking -- but it has a ton of features and is really customizable. There's another commonly used 3rd party app, ChompSMS. I don't use that one -- but I believe it has a similar set of features... Both can be found in the market.

3. vagilik

vagilik Newbie

thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately those apps don't do it

4. vagilik

vagilik Newbie

anyone have an update on this please? its really driving my friends crazy?

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Handcent does allow to turn off splitting messages - whether it actually works on the Sprint network is another matter, as the SMS standard is 160 chars/message.

The option to auto-convert to MMS is when a split exceeds 3 messages.

There are at least two pending requests in the Handcent forum to control MMS creation with respect to message length. Might want to keep an eye on those if no other solution presents itself.

vagilik likes this.
  6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

I think I found your answer! :)

On Handcent, when you go to compose, there's a menu option for adding a subject - do that and it immediately converts to an MMS.

I just sent a one-word MMS that way - works.

vagilik likes this.
  7. vagilik

vagilik Newbie

Super awesome!! you rock!! Google eat your heart out lol

8. vagilik

vagilik Newbie

I also just found out there's a menu option "save mms" :)

EarlyMon likes this.
  9. newro914

newro914 Newbie

does anyone have trouble sending pics to blckberry users? my friend has a bb and she says when she trys sending me a pic it wont go through... and she never got the pics i sent her...

10. vagilik

vagilik Newbie

is it just mms or is it sms as well? im not sure about the mms thing, but i know ive been able to sms bb users. i will have to test it and get back to ya, though

11. vagilik

vagilik Newbie

ok im not sure if my friend doesnt have her blackberry anymore or if she just didnt get my MMS yesterday, but either way the test failed. ill have to get back to ya when i find someone else with a blackberry

12. newro914

newro914 Newbie

yea so far with 2 people i know with blackberry phones.. receiving and sending pics take a while