1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to START safe mode please?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Figrin, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Figrin

Figrin Lurker
    None

Feb 9, 2014
    Hi all

I'm on gingerbread, non-rooted phone.

I'm currently experiencing a nightmare force close loop situation. I have tried wiping the cache partition but the problem persists.

I suspect it might be some crappy app I installed about 2 days ago but cant be sure. I need to get into safe mode to see if I can get rid of it but I can't find the definitve method of how to do so, (keep seeing lots on how to get OUT of it though :( )

Anyway this is a last ditch attempt before I have to do a factory reset and lose 17 months worth of pics and vids of my baby. I am unable to do anything to backup files as the force close popups are neverending. Connecting to pc via usb doesn't work either and it wont let me access kies.

And yeah, I know I should back up my files as a matter of course but y'know....life and everything.

Anyway any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Advertisement

2. David Dubz

David Dubz Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 3, 2012
    Male
    United States
    When the phone is on, hold the power button. Touch and hold the "power off" option (don't just press it). Then press okay when the popup box comes up asking if you want to go into safe mode :thumbup:

3. Figrin

Figrin Lurker
    None

Feb 9, 2014
    hi, thanks but that doesn't seem to work. I held power off for 30 seconds and no menu came up or anything :/

Is it because my phone is too old?

4. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Dec 4, 2011
    Male
    Sheffield U.K
    Try getting to safe mode this way: Turn off phone. Turn on phone and as soon as Samsung logo appears press and hold volume down. Hopefully this will work.