• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to stop apps from running when they have no settings to kill background processes

chimpy

May 4, 2010
I'm running into this problem with skype and scoremobile. Everytime I start my phone up, their widget processes are running in the background, but when I go into the options of these programs, there are no options to turn them off. How do I prevent these widget processes from running all the time?

Download Advanced Application Killer from the market. It doesn't run all the time in the background, so it won't eat up any memory like some claim (maybe it can be configured to do this? Not sure, I don't use it that way). Just bring up this program and it lists all the running apps, and with a single click you can close them all, or de-select the ones you don't want to close and then kill the rest.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones