1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support how to stop fully charged sound on samsung s3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sealover1, Jan 15, 2013.

1. sealover1

sealover1 Newbie
    None

Oct 22, 2012
    hi guys,
    had my new samsung s3 for around 4 months now and it done a software update 3 days ago, ever since then when in the charger at night the 100% fully charged notification sounds a beep about every few mins or so all night long and its a real pain,
    Does any know if theres a way to stop this yet as I want to keep it pluged in and charged at nights but dont want the sound turned off in case i get a txt.
    I know this has been a long running problem with the s3 as just do a google search for (how to stop fully charged sound on samsung s3) and you will see it coming up everywhere,
    seems some peoples phones do it and some peoples phones dont, so it must be some sort of fault.
    does anyone have this problem after hacking there s3? as might go down that route if it will fix it.
    any help would be good or i,ll have to change my phone as cant put up with it beeping every 2 mins all through the night lol
    cheers guys if anyone can help :)

Advertisement

2. aramintan

aramintan Lurker
    None

May 29, 2013
    South Africa
    Hi

I also experienced this annoying problem!

I don't believe that there is a way of disabling this on the phone itself.

I downloaded the "Sound Manager" app from Google Play, and set up two schedules for the notification volume:

1) Off at 22:00 (after which time, generally, I would not want to be disturbed).

2) On at 05:30 (which is when my alarm goes off in the morning, and so I don't mind being disturbed from then on).

These schedules ensure that no notification sounds will be heard between 22:00 and 05:30 each night.

Note: The "I'm fully charged" tone is controlled by the Notification volume, and not (as you might imagine) the System volume. As such, the above schedules disable all notifications (SMS and e-mail for example, not just the "I'm fully charged" tone). For me that is fine, though, as I don't want to be bugged by any notifications while sleeping. If someone calls, however, this will still come through (the Call volume is configured separately within the app).

Hope this is of assistance?

funkylogik likes this.
  3. sealover1

sealover1 Newbie
    None

Oct 22, 2012
    Thanks for that info m8, have changed phones now and bought a note 2 so not got that problem yet, but always handy to know :)