1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to stop LG Quick Help notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mlease, Jul 25, 2017.

1. mlease

mlease Lurker

LG Quick Help keeps generating notifications that I don't want. It basically presents a question for me to ask of it, like "What is Voice Care?" or "I want to restore deleted memos". I've set it to Silent, so at least it doesn't beep at me, but I don't want the notifications at all. The Block option that is present in Settings (Sound and Notifications / Apps) for other apps is not present for LG Quick Help. I don't need it offering to feed me information I didn't ask for. I want it to speak when spoken to, and otherwise keep quiet! Does anyone know how to shut it up? (And, of course, because it's a "system" app, it won't let me uninstall it, either.)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MozartMan

MozartMan Well-Known Member

Who is your carrier?

I (think) I saw LG Quick Help app on my Verizon G6 when I got the phone, but now I can't find it. I probably uninstalled it some how, but I may be wrong.
    I will check my wife's Sprint G6 when I get home.

Update.

G6 on Verizon doesn't have Quick Help app. It is Sprint thingy.

#2 MozartMan, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

It's got to be a carrier thing, because I don't have it either and I'm on AT&T. The only reference I could find quickly for Quick help and the G6 was something for Sprint.

4. MozartMan

MozartMan Well-Known Member

Yes. My wife and kid have LG G6 phones from Sprint and Quick Help is there. And you cannot disable it. But they don't get any notifications from the app.

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I'd recommend going to a Sprint store and shoving the phone... asking for a little help. :D

James L likes this.
  6. mlease

mlease Lurker

My carrier is T-Mobile. I may see if they have any clues; I figured it was a G6 built-in, and it didn't occur to me that the carrier might make a difference.

LG G6 Forum

The LG G6 release date was March 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 821 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

March 2017
Release Date
Reviews