1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to stop my s9 from flipping or mirroring all videos and pictures?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ianmacdo, Feb 28, 2022.

1. ianmacdo

ianmacdo Lurker

Hello,
    My samsung s9 flips or mirrors all my selfie videos and pictures..
    If i am in any video chat, whats app or facebook, or anything it is mirrored, so if I hold up something with writing on it, the other party can NOT read it.

When searching for this problem every site says to go to the camera app settings and change "Save picture as previewed". But this doesnt do anything. The pictures are still mirrored, and so are all my video chats.

Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Samsung seem to think that selfie cameras should work as mirrored, and I can't see any way of turning that off for the preview (I had to look because I never take selfies so didn't know what options there were for the front camera). On my s21 turning off the "save picture as previewed" does make it save correctly (i.e. not mirrored), so I don't know why that doesn't work for you. For selfies you could probably fix this by using a different camera app.

For video in other apps it may depend on whether they have an option of their own. For example you can turn mirroring off in Zoom's video settings, but I can't see anything in WhatsApp's (very limited) settings. I get the impression that Samsung have made mirrored the default and so a third party app will need to undo that, which is probably more effort than most will put in. For things like holding up something with writing the best solution is probably to just switch to the main camera to show people stuff.

It is stupid that they force the stupid option on video, but it's odd that the option to turn it off doesn't work with your camera app.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

4. ianmacdo

ianmacdo Lurker

yes, I double check and the saving option does work for taking selfie pictures ONLY for saving still pictures, but the setting doesn't carry over into whatsapp, or other video chat stuff. looks like hadron might be onto something.

Samsung Galaxy S9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S9 release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.8" screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews