• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Stop the new VZC Firmware update....

rt-hemiboy

Jul 28, 2011
Miami
Ok so here is the Deal i have one of does first steem that came out without any rebooting or 4g issue's. Im rooted and i have titanium installed I been reading about the new update. I really dont need it also heard its only available thru lg updater software...Not OTA yet but i would like to block it for a near future.. I freeze the MobilCare MUC6.1 app on my phone is that correct >>>>?????

It seems like metro and lg have nearly abandoned this phone. I mean after gingerbread is nothing but ics and most on here have said we won't get update to ics so all I want is an ics rom where everything works. The optimus m has an ics rom so why don't we? I know we're still waiting for cwm but I am just highly anticipating ics on this phone :D:D

Upvote 0
It seems like metro and lg have nearly abandoned this phone. I mean after gingerbread is nothing but ics and most on here have said we won't get update to ics so all I want is an ics rom where everything works. The optimus m has an ics rom so why don't we? I know we're still waiting for cwm but I am just highly anticipating ics on this phone :D:D

They don't really have an ics ROM, it's more like a mock-up (not denouncing anyone's work, I think they're doing great things for the little-phone-that-could). Once we get all the bugs worked out of CWM, I can assure you we will have some nice roms, ics or other.

Upvote 0
And the phone has only been out for what 2 months. And also LG threw another little road block for users which is the update, which blocks all current root processes. Which that can and will probably be overcame. No root = No flashing roms. And Theres only one way to get into fastboot mode which me and PG found out the hard way I guess you can say which is basically breaking your current boot.img but you cant do that if your not rooted.

Upvote 0
I wonder if perhaps there's a way to modify the lg update dll or utility with a hex editor to trick it into downgrading by messing with some version numbers or jumping over value checks. After all their utility seems to be able to access and flash the phone seemingly not caring about the software flashed onto it. It's been a good little while since I played with SoftICE, now Syser i guess followed :D
SyserSysExp.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones