• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to store Flytouch 3

Tiscon

Lurker
Sep 13, 2010
Hi all

I will be going away for about 4 months and won't be taking my Flytouch 3 with me and was wondering what the best way to store the pad - I can get someone to charge it every now and then but have no idea how often this will need doing.

I would be very gratefull for any help

Thanking you in advance

Hi all

I will be going away for about 4 months and won't be taking my Flytouch 3 with me and was wondering what the best way to store the pad - I can get someone to charge it every now and then but have no idea how often this will need doing.

I would be very gratefull for any help

Thanking you in advance

To maximise the battery life you should store li-po's at 20% to 50% of a full charge. They will self-discharge at about 1% per week. Long term storage of 100% charged li=pos will reduce their expected life as it accelerates oxidation which increases internal resistance. No need to re-charge over the 4 months. Ensure you turn the tablet OFF and not just STANDBY!!:eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones