1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to switch back to Verizon's Original settings with UI and apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cheapandroid, Sep 12, 2011.

1. cheapandroid

cheapandroid Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    Hey guys I just got a Samsung Droid Charge from someone and it's different from the one in the Verizon store. I don't like how everything is, compared to the Verizon's version. Is there anyway I can flash Verizon's original software onto my phone? I called customer service and they said that I pretty much have to find it online and that verizon stores don't have the verizon software. Thanks.

Firmware verision: 2.2.1
    Baseband Version:
    i510.06 V.EE4
    SCH-I510.EE1

Kernel Version
    imosevon@ubuntu#130

Build Number
    HUMBLE 1.6 EE4

Advertisement

2. Bozz5384

Bozz5384 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    Sounds like your phone has been rooted and setup with a customer ROM -- ie: Humble. Go to this section on here (at the top of this forum) and you should be able to find instructions on how to put it back to stock. It can be done, you just have to learn about how to do it first. Charge - All Things Root - Android Forums

3. Shane2943

Shane2943 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Aw. Humble's a good rom too. You're probably going to wish you had Humble back when you experience stock bloated TouchWiz. ;)

To go back to stock, you'll need a windows computer and a program called Odin as well as the samsung usb drivers installed on that windows computer. Once you have those and can confirm that your windows computer will see your phone when connected with the usb cable, then follow this guide to flash back to stock:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1111486

You can find Odin here (hopefully I didn't post an older version): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J4Y10P6G

4. trparky

trparky Android Enthusiast
    None

At least change over to something like GummyCharged which is newer than the HumbleROM you have now. Like other users have said, there's just no comparison between stock and a good third-party ROM.

There were so many times I felt like I wanted to throw my phone out the window because of the frustration I was having on the stock ROM. Freeze-ups, lag, bloat, etc. GummyCharged solved all of those issues and turned my phone into a phone that I can actually use with ease and little frustration.