• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to switch from 4g to 3g(or 1x)

elcocho852

Android Enthusiast
Feb 2, 2011
CA
Ok so I was messing with my phone and some other apps and I made my 4g go down to 3g with some apps..

First you have to go to the market and download two apps, the first one its called lte on/off and the second one its called restart connection..
When you have those apps ready open up lte on/off and go all the way down to where it says
lte/evdo/cdma/auto and change it to cdma auto prl then press home then go to the other app called restart connection and it will restart your connection when it's done restarting (this will take about 5 seconds) you will either have 3g if you have prl 3025 or 1x if you don't have it...

This works for me and I hope it works for other people.....

To fix it you have to go to the lte on/off app and change it from cdma auto prl to lte/evdo/cdma/auto then go to the start connection app (its not going to change.. I know that) but then turn your phone off and then on... I haven't found a fix with out turning your phone off but ill try to find a fix..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones