• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to switch from BB Bold to Nexus One (AT&T)

daswooski

Lurker
Jul 1, 2010
Hi all, I am new and will recieve my Nexus tomorrow. (2.2 updated)

Really need some help. I have a BB Bold on AT&T running through my companies BES...
If I remove the SIM from the BOLD and place it in the Nexus...can I then sync using Active Sync to get to my corporate e-mail, calendar and contacts?
Or, since I have a BB now would I need to have the plan changed to a regular data plan from a BB data plan? I am not sure? I dont have the option of asking our IT group as we don't support Android yet....

You can also contact your Exchange Admin team and have them remove the BES flag off your account and and it will allow you to fo fully with ActiveSync.

If your company has Outlook Web enabled for you to use, then log into that, click OPTIONS > Mobile Devices and remove your BB and your Android should Sync without issue.

Not all of these are required, but nice to know in case you run into issues. :)

Upvote 0
Also, on my note with the Outlook Web Mail, Exchange will only let x number of mobile devices access your exchange account and the expiration is set by the admins.

If you have issues accessing our account and have changed your device several times, you will need to have them clear these devices out if you do not have access to do it yourself.

There is no way through Outlook (that I know of) and only Outlook Webmail lets you access this on your own.

Thanks.

Reactions: daswooski
Upvote 0
Wow! I really appreciate the quick replies and help from Talderon, raf1919 and Rusty! I already know I will like this OS and Forum based on the offers of help.

I guess the best way for me to proceed is to put the SIM in the Nexus and ask my IT group to remove the Blackberry "Falg" on the account....then just use active-sync to fully sync with calendar, contacts and e-mail?
In a pefect world I was hoping I could go back and fourth by just swapping the SIM fomr BB to Nexus and back....but it sounds like the data plans differ too much as far as how you access syncing.

Upvote 0
Wow! I really appreciate the quick replies and help from Talderon, raf1919 and Rusty! I already know I will like this OS and Forum based on the offers of help.

I guess the best way for me to proceed is to put the SIM in the Nexus and ask my IT group to remove the Blackberry "Falg" on the account....then just use active-sync to fully sync with calendar, contacts and e-mail?
In a pefect world I was hoping I could go back and fourth by just swapping the SIM fomr BB to Nexus and back....but it sounds like the data plans differ too much as far as how you access syncing.

Technically, you can SIM Swap, if your IT people are on top of things, they may cancel your BB access if they see another device. However, most carriers have different types of Data Plans for BB than other devices so that may also cause issues with SIM Swapping.

Keep that in mind as well.

Reactions: daswooski
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones