• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to sync calendar on phone with google calendar

egrl144

Lurker
Nov 22, 2011
Hello again,
I am having trouble synching my phone to my google calendar. I have a sumsung galaxy sII on ATT. I am able to get events from my google calendar online onto my phone. However, when I add events straight to my phone, they do not show up on my google calendar online. Any advice for this?

Thanks

I had the same problem and finally I figured out what the above poster said.

Do not add events to 'my calendar' but make sure you are adding them to your google calendar. I was not able to set the google calendar as a default and a lot of times I forgot to change it and ended up missing stuff. I even unchecked 'my calendar' but every time I went to add an event it default back to it and it got really annoying.

I finally downloaded the free Jorte calendar app and quit using the stock calendar app and now I never have to worry about forgetting to change back to my google calendar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones