1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to sync contacts to new droid razr

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LaurieFrench, Dec 30, 2011.

1. LaurieFrench

LaurieFrench Lurker

How do I transfer my contacts from Gmail to my new Droid Razr? I signed into my Gmail account on my home computer and found the contacts list. I went to the "more" tab and clicked on "export". I want to export all. I'm not sure which format to use to export them. I'm doing this on my computer because I don't have cell service at my residence. Is there an easier way to export contacts to my new phone? Am I headed in the right direction? Thanks so very much for any help. The sales people have always done this for me at the time of purchase. I guess they don't do that anymore...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

The Gmail contacts should automagically download (sync) to your new Razr. If they don't check your sync settings. The owners manual explains all this stuff.

3. djm1196

djm1196 Lurker

I got it to do sync, but when I create new groups they don't show up in my phone. Why not? I can create a group in the phone but I want it to sync with my PC (gmail account)

4. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

When you open the people app, the tab to the left is all your groups. I am pretty sure that by default your phone will display "my contacts".

You can also click on the menu button and choose what contacts to display. If you choose custom then your gmail, you can select which groups to display and which to hide.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews