• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To: Sync iTunes with Android

Double Twist

probably the best media player for android and work amazingly well with itunes.

Disagree. I can't stand Double Twist. I've got a media library of about 50 gb of music. Every single time I start Double Twist on my computer it scans my entire library of music and I have to wait for it to scan all of it before I can sync with my phone. I can configure it to not scan my media when I start up, but then if I add new albums, Double Twist never ever sees them until I start the scanning process and wait 30-45 mins while it scans all of my media from top to bottom. It's a real PITA.

iTunes agent didn't work for me for whatever reason so I ended up going with TuneSync. It was ridiculously slow copying 20 GB of music over the air the first time, but after that it's worked very, very well for me. I can actually configure it (if I want) so I can sync with my home computer over 3G from anywhere in the world. I may set that up this weekend. That way I don't have to carry all my music around, but I still have it available to me.

Upvote 0
Having trouble. It takes about an hour to sync and the progress bar shows everythings been synced sucessfully but after its done all my SD card has in the Music folder is tons of subfolders for each artist and album but only 2-3 songs are in there out of 1100+ in my itunes. Tried erasing contents of Music folder and resync but similar result. But in File Manager my 32gb card shows almost halfway used up so i dunno whats wrong

buy 32gb microsd off ebay = fail, $100 32gb card from verizon = success!
apparently my problem was a bad microsd, with the new memory card itunes agent works perfectly!

Upvote 0
I have this same problem??

Click create and it makes a file that identifies your device for iTunes Agent. That way every time you connect your phone, iTunes Agent will already recognize the device from the file it created on your sdcard. Then click Save and it should say something about saved new device.

Edit: Just put the directory for Create in the root of your sdcard

Upvote 0
I was having an issue with the program where when i tried to sync is would freeze, so i tries a couple others and had the same problem. Then i tried to drag and drop song directly into the card but that didnt work either, just froze my explorer.exe, anyone else have this problem? or know how to fix it? i tried reformatting the SD card in both windows (using an sd card reader) and in the phone with no luck

Upvote 0
I have used iTunesAgent in the past and it worked great... Now I using mspot, but that is because I don't care about moving all my music onto my phone, just a subset that fits within the free space given by mspot. I am also not picky about the quality of the songs, so on mspot I use the medium quality setting and can fit a good bit more.

Upvote 0
Somebody needs to explain this BS to me, now the device shows up under devices in itunes but now when I sync to the phone it say's on my music app that no music is found. What am I doing wrong? Very frustrated.
I was confused at first until I played around some.

I'll try to explain.

Under Play Lists (in iTunes) it makes a folder called, "My Devices" and then under that it makes a Play List called ... whatever. In my case it made a Play List called, "Android" (see image below)

itunesa.jpg

Now in order to sync music or podcasts etc. you MUST copy them into that Play List (in my case the one called "Android") for it is only stuff in THAT singular Play List that will sync.

A word to the wise. If you want albums to stay together, especially albums with 'Various Artsits' then I suggest the following "trick" which worked for me.

Click on the album cover in iTunes (do this before you add it to the Play List). Sorry when I say click on it I mean do a 'right click' which brings up a menu. On that menu select the option called, "Get Info"

Oh I guess now is a good time to say I'm using Windows (not Mac) and I use Grid view (Albums) which shows a thumbnail of each album.

So OK we click on "Get Info" and this brings up a dialog window. The window looks like this:

itunesb.jpg

The default is that everything on this screen is set to "No" and there are no checkmarks. So basically you want to change it as I have here. By doing this you ensure that the album stays "together" and is in a single folder (once it gets to your Android). Even if you put multiple albums on this one Play List, each will be in it's own folder and therefore "together" once it gets to the Android.

But there is one last thing you need to do to make sure this all works (and and after you make the change above make sure you click that OK in the lower right hand corner).

The last thing you need to have set "just right" is the setting in iTunes Agent called, "Synchronize Pattern"

Make sure that is set to "iTunes" and not one of the other two choices.

Do all this and everything will copy to your Android in a fashion that makes sense. Otherwise it kinda splits stuff up into Artist folders and it can get real ugly. Makes it impossible to play an album back that way.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones