1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to sync outlook calendar and contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by qandaappraisal, Oct 22, 2014.

1. qandaappraisal

I've seen some third party software vendors that offer a syncing service but I have never tried any. Are any of you syncing your S5 with outlook calendar and contacts on your pc?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DannoVB

DannoVB Newbie

I used to sync my outlook exchange account, but then my organization implemented a screen lock requirement so I stopped syncing using the stock mail app and went to the Outlook Web App instead. This gives me the freedom to choose whether or not to use a screen lock and I only need to enter a 4 digit code when I decide to check my email.

3. gdgtphn

gdgtphn Lurker

I use AkrutoSync to sync Outlook calendar and contacts with my Android. I have other non-Android devices (I'll be nice and not mention them here) and sync with those too. There's no limit on the devices as a license covers one PC. You can try the full software free for a limited time to see if it's for you.

4. neil154

neil154 Android Enthusiast

I was using CompanionLink and for a while it was working fine but then something changed and now it is not usable. Please tell me if you are using Outlook 2013.

5. AndroidProf

AndroidProf Well-Known Member

I've used Akruto with Outlook 2013 and 2010. You can sync Outlook calendar with Galaxy S5. I've also upgraded Android phones, installed custom ROMs, and Outlook sync still works. But it's not free. However, you can try it free to see if it works for you.

6. AndroidProf

What version of Outlook are you using?

7. AndroidProf

That should be fine. Per AkrutoSync FAQ, everything older than Outlook XP is supported. And 2007 is certainly older than XP. Give it a try.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews