• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to Sync Outlook Notes into Droid?

Thank you Sheinemann for introducing MyPhonExplorer. I agree with you this could be the best solution currently. I almost gave up on all the notes I've accumulated over the years from palm to symbian until I came across your post. And a BIG Thank You to FJ Software Development for giving us MyPhoneExplorer. Keep up the good work and give the Android community hope for the future.

Upvote 0
I exported my Outlook Notes to an Excel file on my computer. I then sent the file as an attachment to myself, and saved the attachment to my droid phone. I am able to open the file on my phone using the "Quickoffice/Quicksheet" app. This does not enable back and forth synching. However, I am now able to see all of my notes on my phone. I still input my new notes on my computer.

Upvote 0
I am a recent BB convert...just bought an Android Razr. I miss some things about the BB, particularly the virtual seamless sync with MS Exchange 2003. I live and die by my outlook at work...
Email
Calendar
Contacts
Tasks
Notes

So, I'm a super-ultra control freak anal retentive nerd and I have simple but detailed systems for running my company...90% of which is MS Outlook based.

So here's where I'm at with my conversion to Android
-Email...seamless, DONE.
-Tasks...seamless, DONE, INCLUDING my categories which was VERY important to me. Tasks are perfect.
-Calendar...functional, but the use of a free app called "Business Calendar" gave me a more BB-like interface. I'm going to upgrade to full version...nice program.
-Contacts...I have about 1,500 contacts, and they sync all the way up to 451...then frozen. So to get by I have exported to gmail and pulled them into phone which was seamless. The long term fix for real-time sync will be to export all contacts to file, delete them in outlook, import back in. the hope is that the corrupt contact(s) will be repaired and now the droid will sync real-time with exchange 2003. going to try this week.

This brings me to NOTES. I think all of us BB users can agree that notes with important reference information is important. I've read dozens of threads in forums like this will all kinds of crazy solutions for making notes sync with android. I think the old addage applies here..."you just can't get there from here."

So, I was very pleased that my android is syncing my categores for tasks and contacts.

I have simply made each of my notes into a task and created a new category or "tag" as android likes to call them and labeled it NOTES. Guess what, it works great. they are easier to manipulate and edit and sync perfectly.

to filter the view on phone...just go to tasks, just hit the menu button, view by tags, choose "notes" (or whatever you want to call it) and ta-da!...notes. Sync issue resolved, not even going to try anymore. converting to tasks saved the day!

If I get this contact thing resolved, and figure out a way to make this damn battery last for more than 6 hours, i'm golden.

Thanks for reading my dissertation...just trying to pay forward all the wonderful information i've gleaned from all of you this month.

Mike

Upvote 0
So here's where I'm at with my conversion to Android
-Email...seamless, DONE.
-Tasks...seamless, DONE, INCLUDING my categories which was VERY important to me. Tasks are perfect.

Mike - HOW did you sync tasks seamlessly? I am new to Android and also use Outlook Exchange. I can get everything except tasks & notes to sync on my HTC flyer. Did you have a Tasks program on your device? Which one?

Upvote 0
FYI - Please note - the droid version 10.0.3 is not the current release. If you just go to funambol, download the CURRENT ANDROID SYNC CLIENT it will NOT be this one and will NOT do notes. You have to download version 10.0.3 from the link I provided.

Also, I'm just one of you, a former BB user turned Android guy and wanted to replicate my BB experience the best I could. I don't get a thing from Funambol or OI Notes, I"m just a user like you.

I installed the 10.0.3 Android Sync Client and also OI Notepad on my Motorola Triumph, but like another user in this forum I do not see the "Notes" sync option in the Android Funambol Client menu. I have synced my notes from Outlook with the Funambol PC to web client, but I can't even see the notes in the web portal. Right now I'm confused :thinking:.

Upvote 0
i downloaded this file to samsung epic 4 g (android). tried to open and it says no program exists to open

FYI - Please note - the droid version 10.0.3 is not the current release. If you just go to funambol, download the CURRENT ANDROID SYNC CLIENT it will NOT be this one and will NOT do notes. You have to download version 10.0.3 from the link I provided.

Upvote 0
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: Funambol Android Sync Client 10.0.3

Hello Steve,

We have never had the option to sync memo's on the Android platform. It was something that we supported on BlackBerry, Outlook, and Symbian only.

-c

--
Chris Cafaro
System Administrator
Funambol :: MediaHub - Connect Everything Mobile :: http://www.funambol.com

Upvote 0
gsax, OhmEye - HOW are you doing this!? Likewise, I "live and die by my outlook at work"... I would be thrilled to get this syncing!!!!

I'm running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003 - I created a Category called 'Notes'. I assigned a Task the cateogry Notes.

On the Android (Photon) I launched Tasks. Created a tag called 'Notes'.

But it's still not syncing! There don't appear to be any options to w/in the account setup to sync Notes OR Tasks..... I'm baffled as to how you're getting the 2 'talking'!!??

Thanks for your time & help!!

Upvote 0
I have tons of Outlook Notes at work and we recently switched from Crackberry to android.

SUDDENLY - I - WAS - NOTELESS!!!!

I was almost frantic!

I played around with this all sorts of ways from different forums, all of which were difficult and complex.

Then I downloaded Evernote to my PC and my Droid and it's soooooooooo easy.

Just use Evernote. Really....

Upvote 0
I keep lots of notes on my phone so I backed them up from my BB into Outlook Notes and downloaded ColorNote for the Droid, but how the hell do I download the notes from Outlook and onto the Droid?

Thanks
I use Touchdown and Akruto to sync notes as well as calendar, contacts and tasks. Here's how it works:
http://www.akruto.com/synchronize-outlook-apps/

HTH.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones