1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to sync with MS Exchange

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bgb1969, Aug 30, 2011.

1. bgb1969

bgb1969 Lurker

Hi guys!

I just got my Galaxy SII and I want to connect it to our MS Exchange server at work, to sync email, contacts and calendar. Did this with my iPhone 4 and it was very simple.

Anyway, I managed to put in all the information I am suppose to and it seems to be correct. But when I try to sync i get the following message: Unable to open connection to server due to security error.

Can anyone advice me?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kjaslow

kjaslow Lurker

Any chance you're new to Android? I switched from a Blackberry recently to a Galaxy SII and didn't know about the status bar when I first got the phone. I set up the exchange integration, but didn't realize I was getting back some sort of confirmation notification that I had to accept before I could see e-mails. I would just go to the e-mail app and hit refresh and get the same error message you're seeing. Open your notifications and see if you have a confirmation that's waiting for you to accept... Post back if you don't know where to find notifications...

3. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

You might want to check with your corporate IT guy to make sure that there aren't some peculiarities with your system and Android.