• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to sync with MS Exchange

bgb1969

Lurker
Aug 30, 2011
Hi guys!

I just got my Galaxy SII and I want to connect it to our MS Exchange server at work, to sync email, contacts and calendar. Did this with my iPhone 4 and it was very simple.

Anyway, I managed to put in all the information I am suppose to and it seems to be correct. But when I try to sync i get the following message: Unable to open connection to server due to security error.

Can anyone advice me?

Thanks!

Any chance you're new to Android? I switched from a Blackberry recently to a Galaxy SII and didn't know about the status bar when I first got the phone. I set up the exchange integration, but didn't realize I was getting back some sort of confirmation notification that I had to accept before I could see e-mails. I would just go to the e-mail app and hit refresh and get the same error message you're seeing. Open your notifications and see if you have a confirmation that's waiting for you to accept... Post back if you don't know where to find notifications...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones