1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to synchronise my professional email with my galaxy nexus?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dnikov, Apr 16, 2012.

1. dnikov

dnikov Lurker

Hello,

I am new to the forum (and Android) but looking forward to learn how to deal with my new phone.
    The main issue for the moment is to configure it with my professional mail box, it does not seem to be possible trying usual approach by entering just the email, the password, and accepting securised SSL connection...Typical POP3 and IMAP configuration (entering codes, etc), does not work either...the phone is saying that it is impossible to establish the connection with the server.
    I don't want to install any new applications in order to sync but would prefer to use the phone integrated software.

Thank you for your help,

Dimitar

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lohung

Lohung Android Enthusiast

could possibly be something with your works security settings.

3. mpw

mpw Android Expert

4. dnikov

dnikov Lurker

No matter, POP/ , IMAP or Exchange, ii is not working! If it is security settings from the company, where do you define them on the phone?!

Actually our IT team (one person) left and still not replaced. In the meanwhile we are facing the challenges of mrvellous world of Internet and computers all by ourself!

Thanks for further advices how to deal with the issue!
    cheers

5. mpw

mpw Android Expert

6. mpw

mpw Android Expert

7. Demache

Demache Android Expert

Stock Android has the Gmail and normal Email app. But either way, I'm assuming that there are settings the OP isn't putting in correctly. Not necessarily his fault however, since having an IT person at his workplace would be extremely useful in this situation and mail clients can't always figure out the settings on their own.

8. Jay3

Jay3 Android Enthusiast

I would think your workplace has security settings that are the problem. A firewall and all that. I have to have IT cooperation to get mine working. We use a middleware solution called Good that does it (because IT requires its security features).

9. Member112085

Member112085 Guest

Nope, there's Gmail and regular email.

THIS - you need the specific domain and server names for your email. I tried setting mine up without the specific info, thinking our "domain name" was our website address name. It's not.

If you are on Exchange (which a lot of companies are), you would add an exchange account (of course). The first settings you input would be your email address and password. Then, in the manual configuration, you need the following info from your IT dept.

Server: (ours is EXCH1.myoutlookonline.com)
    Domain/UserName: Mail/xxxxxx.xxxx (for us, this is comprised of our company name.person's name)

Ours does not require thee SSL box to be checked.

Hope this helps.

10. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Android Enthusiast

It does matter, because the server address would be different for each type. But like everyone else said, it's possibly an exchange server. Those can be really tricky to figure out the right settings, or even the server address. Then again, it may not be.

Can you access the email through a website (webmail)? If you feel comfortable doing it (because people would know where you work), just post the website address that you go to. If it's an exchange server, it will be immediately noticeable.

It really depends on how large your business is. If it's a large entity, it's probably an Exchange server. If it's medium or small, it might be hosted on by the company that hosts your website (like Godaddy, Midphase, Hostgator, etc.). Or it could be Google apps.

Some large organizations, even including colleges, are using Google apps for their email provider. I use the free version for my small business, but they do enterprise level, too. In this case, you actually use the Gmail app. I access both my @gmail.com and my @mydomain.com email (my small business) through the Gmail client. Then I access my Exchange email from a university where I have a position through the "Email" app.

So if you can just figure out what/ where it is run through, someone here can probably help you or point you in the right direction. :) Cheers.

11. Demache

Demache Android Expert

12. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Android Enthusiast

Fwiw, I tried this and couldn't find it where it said it would be. This is on Exchange 2003.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews