• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to tag facebook photos on desire

Mine did it automatically. Basicly if there is no user image stored on the phone, it 'steals' the image from FB ..... its all witchcraft and voodoo me thinks

I should probably clarify that what i meant was that with my Blackberry, I could take a photo with my phone, tag it with a friends name, then share it to facebook. but there isn't even an option to be able to tag friends on facebook photos thru the internet option or any way in the desire. is that right? thats a bit crap. this phone can do so many cool things but can't do one basic thing? boo that blows :(

Upvote 0
use dolphin browser download it @ market..change user agent as desktop..go to Facebook picture and tag everywhere you like on that picture

Thanks for the tip, i did change the useragent as desktop but when i go to the fb pic thres no option to tag. i tried just tapping and tapping and holding, also tried menu but no option to tag.

Upvote 0
As above, you can't do it from either the mobile or touch site but the phone will let your view the full site and you can do it from there.

It's not very slick though is it or as quick, easy and lightweight as using the Facebook for Android app.

How can they have built an official Facebook app for Android that lacks so many fundamental features of Facebook, like tagging and rotating images for example. I'm astounded these things have been omitted when the Facebook for Android app is capable of doing all the other things it does.

Upvote 0
screenshots for the non believers...

(Using Doplhin browser and FB full)

x3wdxe.jpg

2801g8.jpg

;)

Upvote 0
Apparently Bloo does it, I suggest that.

Reading some of the comments below it looks like the dev has abandoned it.

Bloo - Native Facebook App v1.3.8b Application for Android | Social

Edit: maybe not just read this comment.

GUYS, read dev. comments: PAID version of this app has been DEPRECIATED. Regular updates available on the full-featured FREE version; search 4 BLOO

Edit2: Found the latest version.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=679555

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones