• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to take a picture of your screen?

I have a ROOTED UMI X2 running Android 4.2.1. None of the key press methods of screenshot do anything. I downloaded a few apps all of which work but they do something strange: they take a screenshot of some previously visited screen and not the one I am sat on when the shot is taken.
Thoughts?

Is this a known bug for your ROM? I remember rooting AOKP on my old LG P500 and the camera function and bluetooth were not stable.

Upvote 0
I am 80 so please bear with me. I have a Samsung GT-S5830i. In my gallery is a photo which appears to have got on to the phone from an email. I want to delete that picture from the phone "gallery" but every time I select the picture, the "delete" instruction vanishes and as a result the picture remains. any ideas please, I took the phone into O2 but they could not suss out how to get rid of the picture. kindest regards Jeff P
I'm not familiar with your phone, but have you tried downloading the "File Manager +" app from Google Play? You can delete ANYTHING with that app. I mean ANYTHING - even stuff you shouldn't, so be careful. It's easy to browse around and look at files with it.

Upvote 0
It is 7 years since that question was asked, so chances are the person in question has solved it by now ;)

You do seem very keen on promoting this app though: 3 posts in 3 different threads recommending it this morning. Do you have any connection with the app? It's OK if you have, but you should make it clear if so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones