1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General How to Tame Browser Brightness in ICS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaveSyd, Apr 27, 2012.

1. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    I use manual brightness on my SGS2 because I find it overall too bright and sucks battery power for nothing. eg. In the office/at home 1% level is still bright enough, in fact you can't turn it down lower is an issue too. However I digress. I manually change it with the touch & Hold on the notification bar then slide left to turn it down, right to turn it up...

My beef is the browser. Have they over engineered it? Why does it have separate brightness setting, that pay no attention to the system settings that I decide on. I have tried auto, default 1, 2 or whatever and it still wont set I want (the same as the rest of the phone!)

Also I hardly use the browswer for multiple sessions, but when I open it it always has about 7 tab of the same page open? Does this annoy anyone else - how to get around these things?

DaveSyd

Advertisement

2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Electrical Design Engineer
    Northwestern Alabama
    I believe there is a setting in the browser somewhere that controls brightness. I can't remember where, but I know my Galaxy Tab does the same and I hate it. I turned it off rather quickly.

Edit: try turning off 'auto adjust screen power'

3. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Electrical Design Engineer
    Northwestern Alabama
    Another option would be to download a different browser especially if you are running Ice Cream Sandwich. If you have been lucky enough to have been updated to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) then you can download Chrome Beta from the Play store. Another to try would be Dolphin Browser.

4. Jafreiteris

Jafreiteris Member
    None

Apr 24, 2012
    In your standart browser press menu button, select contrast and light (or something like that.) ICS 4.0.3

5. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Thanks for the replies. I am running ICS 4.0.3 and it has a menu option "brightness/colour". It's in this dialog I've tried all combinations and possible answers. Even auto means auto according to the browser not the rest of the system! I will have to try svt_geek's suggestion and shop around for a new version.