• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to tell if a screen is OEM?

i'm replacing the screen on a droid mini. i don't THINK it's an AMOLED screen, although it looks pretty nice. still they are VERY cheap, starting at about 25$.

i'm noticing some inconsistencies in the less expensive and more expensive versions. my question is, should i be worried about getting a non OEM screen?

the more expensive version has shiny material on the back, as well as some stamps, stickers and writing on the cable:
$_57.JPG

while the less expensive one does not have these:

$_57.JPG

interesting. the (OEM) screen inside the phone does NOT have any stamps or stickers on the cable, but it DOES have the silver material and a slight difference in one of the smaller cables that the more expensive ones have.

i'll probably go for the more expensive one, it's only 10$ more. but i'd still like to make sure its OEM. i think i'll post a thread in the lounge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones