1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root How to tell which version of community rom is installed?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markdmac, Aug 4, 2011.

1. markdmac

markdmac Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    Professional Computer Consultant
    Gilbert, AZ
    I installed the Community ROM on my Fascinate. Was just looking on XDA and I see that there is a download for version 1.3. I think I am running 1.2 but would like to verify that. Anyone know how I can tell which version I am running? I checked the About Phone but that doesn't seem to give me an answer.

Advertisement

2. markdmac

None

Mar 2, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    After searching my multiple hard drives I finally found the original download I had used, 1.3 Still waiting for an update that will fix signatures in email.

3. markdmac

None

Mar 2, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    For anyone that might find this thread, the ROM version is found under settings, about phone, Firmware Version.

I am now running community rom 2.1 which is listed as UKB 2.0 (known bug where 2.1 didn't update the listing)

I have found 2 bugs that as far as I know have not been previously reported.

1. The /system/bin directory is not in the path, so gscript scripts that call things like reboot or shutdown need to have the full path in them.

2. Custom email signatures are ignored in the email application. If signatures are enabled, the default text is inserted rather than the custom text that has been configured as a signature.

My first issue is easy to overcome, the signature is a bit of a pain but not the end of the world. Overall I am loving the rom.