1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to test android app from source code on android studio

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Jenny Lee, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Jenny Lee

Jenny Lee Lurker

Hello,

I hired a developer from guru to convert a website to an android app which worked already. I have two websites, a com is for different language that was converted into an android app and b com is for English language which is not converted into an app yet. the App developer sent me the code for a com. He said a .com and b com are the same so I just need to replace a to b .com . He refused any more support.

He sent me a zip file with all files and images on it. I unzipped it and open it from Android studio. I followed your instruction here:
    importing-source-code-into-android-studio
    But I don’t see button to run or test on my screen.

I already changed a com to b com on the file. But I don’t know how to test on android studio. I attached a screenshot. The play button greyed out.

I am using Android studio. Can you show me what else I need to change to make it work? a com and b com are exactly the same only different in language. They share the same database.

thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Dnlaua

Dnlaua Lurker

Go to App Configuration next to the Play button, then go to AVD Manager. From there it'll walk you through the steps to setup an emulator. Then the play button will work.