• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to test if GPS on G1 is working?

mervin106

Lurker
Jan 22, 2009
Hello eveyone,

I've been using my G1 for about a month now and loving it. I have a question about the gps. How can I tell it's working?

Whenever I go to maps and use 'my location' it keeps saying 'Trying to determine your location' then it would say 'cannot locate will keep trying ...' I've tried it in different parts of Toronto (I'm in Canada) and get the same message. With the cell location enabled it works fine. Only when I have the gps enabled do I get this message.

Is there a problem with my gps?

TIA

Mervin

The first time I ever used my gps it took like three minutes for it to find me. Since then its a lot faster. I just turned it on and it took about 10 secs to find me and I'm inside my house. I've read that there are multiple gps satellites the your phone locks onto so I would guess that your location will greatly effect how well the gps on your phone will work. I'm in San Diego

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones