• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to tether my galaxy S to my windows 7 PC?

bennylava

Aug 20, 2011
Did a search but all that came up was stuff about wifi. I'm wanting to do the old tethering trick, where you plug your phone into a USB cable, that is plugged into your PC. Then you can use your 3G connection to surf the net. How can this be done? Does anyone do this?

Nevermind, its super easy. You just root the phone, then go get Titanium backup for free from the app store. Then, you just Go to settings>Wifi and internet> USB tethering and turn it on with the little checkbox. But the phone has to be plugged into the PC with your USB cable FIRST or this won't work. Then windows will automatically detect it and start using it. But I went ahead and disabled my regular dsl network adapter, just to be safe and be sure that I was using the samsung galaxy S as my modem and internet connection. This is the easiest I've ever seen this done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones