• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to Text message 2 pics & text?

kimmied2000

Jun 20, 2010
I cannot figure out how to make a text message with 2 pictures and also be able to put some text in. I can do it with one picture, but not 2. I've tried the messaging app already on the phone and handsent. I sure would like to be able to send 2 pictures plus some text and not have to split it up into 2 messages.

Thanks for your help.

Using the default messaging app,
00-On Your phone

01-Select the App Drawer

02-Click on the Text messaging app from the app drawer

03-Select recipient

04-Write what you want to the recipient

05-Press Menu

06-Select Insert

07-Select Slideshow

08-On upper left, click on the image icon

(choose your file viewer if you have multiple ones in your phone)

09-Select first picture

10-Your first picture with appear in the slide

11-repeat steps 8-9 for as many images you want to include in the slide show

12-Click the Send button

The recipient will then get your message along with the slideshow of images.

Please note:
You will need to write your message (step 04) before selecting the images, otherwise, once you select your images and click that send button it will send the slideshow without giving you a change to compose your message.

Hope this helps

Edit: The procedure is basically the same for other text messaging programs such as Handcent SMS. At the point of selecting your image, don't select picture, but Slideshow instead.

TS out

Upvote 0
Thank you sooooo much. I usually consider myself pretty good with technology, but this was beginning to frustrate me! I was going wrong by not typing my message first...I was determined to attach the pictures before typing the message. Who would have thought the order of this would make such a huge difference? Anyway, thanks for the instructions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones