1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how to toggle between predictive text and normal easily

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tkgupta, Oct 15, 2014.

1. tkgupta

tkgupta Lurker

Hi,

I am a new android user and have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I am a long time Samsung Monte user which had an option of toggling between T9 dictionary and normal texting by a simple button present in main keyboard itself.
    In android I have to go to settings and disable predictive text whenever I want to type in my native language and switch to predictive text when I want to type in english, is there any keyboard where toggling between predictive and non-predictive is easy.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I went through the forum, but couldn't find anything related to samsung galaxy s series.

Tarun

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The quickest way might be to install a second keyboard app and turn its predictions off. Swapping keyboards in Android is quick - when typing there should be a "choose input method" toggle in the notifications if you have more than 1 keyboard available, so it only takes seconds to change. So it's actually much quicker to swap between keyboards, one with predictions active and one without, than going into settings and turning off predictions for any keyboard I've used recently.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews