• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to transfer and manage my Music btw my s3 and mac

Hi my name is Marta. I am new android user. I used to have iphone but got sick of it and limitations going with it. I recently purchesed samsung galaxy s3. I loooooooove the phone sooooo much . Like I mentioned I am newbie. I will need little bit help and advice from experinced android users. Also this is first forum I ever signed up. So please be patient with me
I heard I should root my phone. I dont know how to do that and if I am even able to do that myself. But this is something what bothers me most for now and idk how to handle it. And I would like to back up my phone apps and memo with my mac as well.
Like I mentioned I used to have iphone . Idk how i can transfer my music from my mac computer to my awsome android phone. I tried few apps. They seems to be complicated i do not know how to use them. I am looking for something very simple ( i am simple person ) Simple like Itunes. I would like to create my own playlist on the computer and transfer them to my phone . Can someone please help me?

For my exuse i will just say that I am artist and not really computer and gadzet gig so more simple its better for me. I feel very comortable when i paint or design than fixing phone or computer

Thaaaaank you again and I am very happy to be part of your commiunity.
Also please exuse any grammar mistakes i am from Europe still working on my English as well

Hi Marta! Glad you made the switch :)

I would suggest to stray away from rooting since you are a new user and is typically for more advanced users. Plus you can still get a lot out of your device without rooting it.

As for your music situation I would suggest looking into either Double twist or iSyncr. They both work on Mac to android for music transfer and work pretty well with iTunes. Usually all you have to do is install the application on both your Android device and your Mac.

Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask :D

Upvote 0
Thank you for all advices. From after trying couple apps for music I have to admit that i really like google music. It does exactly what I want. i can still keep my folders organized the way I want :) I really love this one :)...
untill you guys will "sell" me another great idea :)

I do like Google Music as well as I believe it does a good job with a music application.

I know a lot of users like Power Amp, but you know it's all about personal preference.

Enjoy your device :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones