1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root How to transfer Apps/Info Rooted EVO to new phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smitty543, May 4, 2012.

1. smitty543

smitty543 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    I am rooted with partitioned SD card and plan to get either new EVO LTE or Samsung Galaxy III. How do I transfer my Apps and data from the EVO to the new phone??

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    Most of your data as well as paid apps will be backed up by Google. As for transferring apps via a back up program? With some exception, that's a violation of copyright. Also, with a new phone I personally prefer to d/l all Google play apps fresh.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    Any purchased applications will be in the Play store after signing into your Google account. Contacts will be backed up as well. If you are using Google voice as your voicemail and/or text messages/phone number, those will be backed up too.

All other data should not be transferred to another phone;)

Just think of it this way, wipe your phone, flash a new rom and then, DO NOT USE any backup application to set up your phone

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    American English Speaking Taxi Guy
    Indianapolis
    I'm not sure when this started happening but whenever I flash a new rom on my phone and login to google account the Play Store starts automatically downloading all the apps I have installed previously.

Also you should be able to (once signed into your google account on play store on new phone) go into the Play Store and select Menu->My apps and install them manually from there.

Also Contacts if you stored them to your google account will automagically pass over. Otherwise try these two options.

Open your "People" app and select Menu->Import/Export->Export to SD Card. This will make a pcsc........ file on your SD card you can transfer to your new phone and then import.

You can optionally take this file you just created and import/export only choose your google acount as "where to make new contacts". This will put all of your contacts into your google account. Make sure you allow a good 10-30 minutes for the phone to fully sync this to your google account before expecting it to show up on your new phone.

smitty543 likes this.
Tags: